This fits your .
When developing the Ultra, Gigi had one goal: Uncompromised board flex and feel. To create a binding that had these characteristics required reducing the contact points on the base and integrating flexible, dampening EVA. By combining Vaporlite 2.0 with the Minidisk, Union has lowered the direct binding to board contact to 5% and maintained the progressive flex Gigi loves.
As important as connection between binding and board, equally important is the connection between the rider and binding. By using layered multi-density materials, ExoFrame/Air ankle straps provide secure durability along with superior comfort and flex. Strong, lightweight and highly adjustable, these are as good as it gets.
- Duraflex CB - MD Base: 5% binding to board contact allows for even board flex and is compatible with the 4x2 mounting pattern, as well as The Channel from Burton
- Vaporlite 2.0: Vaporlite 2.0 is the evolution of closed cell foam often featured on high-end running shoes. Super durable and damp to vibrations in all temps. Waterproof
- Extruded 3D Aluminum Heelcups: The rigidity and strength of Extruded Aluminum acts like a roll cage on a race car - stiffening the entire chassis. The male/female connection with the base provides seamless response
- Forged Carbon Highbacks: Working in harmony with the surfy feel of the MD Base, Forged Carbon provides the strength and rapid response, for nimble board control and connection
- Exoframe/Air Ankle Straps: All new for 17/18, ExoFrame/Air produces strength and rapid response on the outside, fit and pillowed comfort on the inside
- Magnesium 2.0 Ratchets: Four times stronger than aluminum with only half the weight, Union buckles are built to last. The new 2.0 design is ten percent lighter than previous versions
- Mini Disk: Minimal Contact Footprint allows for even board flex and is compatible with the 4x2 mounting pattern, as well as The Channel from Burton
Union Binding Co - Mens Ultra Bindings 2018 TH M - B072WKC9TS